Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bring the Dark Disaster

Title irrellevant, I just like that song, and especially those lyrics. I promise only to tell you how hard it is to post once in this post (and there we go).Tonight I think I'll just give you some pictures of a very fun thing to do, which I will fully explain later. These three are my only ones I've done with the latest at the bottom



So there we have it a bunch of possible Album covers, for bands that don't exist, yay. And here's how you can do it at home!

1 - Go to "wikipedia." Hit “random... Read More”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to "Random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use photoshop or similar to put it all together.

There we have it, how exciting. Now I think a lot of you have already done one of those, infact I'm fairly certain I stole it off Trif, but moving on nonetheless. These series of photo's and then a copypasta'd bit of text is starting to make me wonder, "this isn't a real post", and then "what makes a real post?". Is it really, as Nathan put it:
a NEW and original subject
introduction of topic
discussion of topic
personal conclusions
should be at least 10 lines
Or is it something perhaps more than that? Perhaps those are guidlines but you still can't fill those guidelines with stuff you've just copypasta'd. I realise how close I was to having a generally un-fulfilling post, the kind I'm sort of infamous for. I saved myself, and yet now I'm blogging about the saving-ness. Well that will be the only time I intentionally blog about blogging for a while now, and expect some more original RAM style posts next time. 

So, for now, sleep tight readers, all 6-7 of you...

"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way. "

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935), New York Times, Dec. 23, 1929


No comments:

Post a Comment